Monday, December 5, 2011

sunno!


The Indian art market, and the creative output of Indians both at home and abroad, is experiencing a meteoric rise; however, any quick Google search will reveal a serious lack of comprehensive information regarding current topics, trends, and histories apparent to contemporary Indian visual culture.

I am a man obsessed with everything Indian, and I have been back in the United States for 7 months and cannot wait wait wait to return.  But as I sit in the library and type this I am reminded by the relative dearth of information.  I think the output, and creative innovation, from India is truly amazing, but it has received little scholarly attention (when put in comparison to Chinese contemporary visual culture) and I am hoping to start filling in those holes.

I am no scholar (far the fuck from that) but I am so excited about things being done in India.  This blog is more of a journal of sorts organizing my own thoughts regarding art in general and hopefully I will stick with it yaar.  This, I guess, will document my own process of discovery as I sort through all the things I see and read.  And who knows maybe other people will start doing the same thing

Here are some people doing some cool stuff

http://wearabout.wordpress.com/
http://indianbydesign.wordpress.com/
http://pardonmyhindi.com/

Okay I just did a search on "contemporary indian art blogs" and there are several-- so looks like I am just adding myself to the shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment